This is not a typical course. When we originally envisioned this space we imagined a summer retreat, set in the Irish landscape, with lots of time to relax, deep conversations, taking time to slow down together. Instead, this is the second year that we’re holding this space online.
We are not offering typical course content, but instead a well-held space where all your questions and troubles can find listening ears and gentle feedback - from peers and mentors alike.
Our worlds have changed. A lot. Navigating an ever-shifting world is a complex and often tricky journey. So how to lead with integrity in these complex times?
Creating a dynamic work culture to navigate these changes means intentionally moving to a new way of thinking and working. The urge to act and do can feel pressing. Intention, however, cannot manifest without some pause, some deep reflection. To re-orient, to see new approaches and opportunities.
So, no tools and no techniques - maybe the odd model when appropriate. You will be with peers navigating the same questions, and mentors who are guides in the new territory. You will still feel the quality of a retreat, with enough time to share stories, enough time to receive new perspectives and here and there the articulation of a new challenge; both personal and organisational.
Do you hold any of these questions?
- How can I provide leadership and clarity without falling back into hierarchy or power struggle?
- I fear and I can't handle all the projections coming my way (like people getting angry when things don’t go smoothly enough or quickly enough)
- How can my vulnerability provide strength to others?
- Where does my optimism come from?
These times invite us to move beyond any paradoxes, the continuous tensions between:
- self-organising and vertical habits
- human creativity and financial results
- needs in the world and business survival
- meaningful and profitable
Outer change requires inner change.
The boundaries of understanding ourselves, others and the world are nudged.
Hence this retreating - the stepping back - to reflect.
And be held well in this journey of transformation.
Will you show up?
To help create what is truly needed?
You will learn...
- New ways of exploring and reflecting in order to grow a wider/deeper perspective of yourself and others, which you can apply in your daily work.
- To find a new/better sense of centre; crucial for helping you take next steps in supporting your organisation to better navigate uncertainty.
That a well hosted space, designed to be fully present, can be quite transformative.
… and walk away with...
- The power and depth of sharing stories, knowledge and wisdom amongst peers – the power of collective intelligence and wisdom. The experience of a safe and inspiring learning space.
- The deeper understanding and embodiment of ‘inner is outer’ and ‘outer is inner’ – seeing more relationships, thus seeing more points of possible actions.
- New examples, practices and useful advice in transitioning to new ways of working.
- The experience of a safe and inspiring learning space.
- Offer a space with a lot of humility and warmth for where people are and the paradoxes they’re facing.
- Invite slow-paced conversation, a lot of sharing, going deep on the topics.
- Sense together ways to create opportunities for learning and growth.
- A 2-hour session online (Zoom) every two weeks
- Over 3 months
- 1 hour, in the off week to work in pairs
- Up to 6 participants