2020 was a year of big change for many of us. We experienced our lives, our families, our organisations and communities from a different perspective. Transitioning through an ever-shifting world is a complex and often tricky journey.
In our organisations we wondered how to work together in a new way. How to relate to one another; how to connect, how to be more autonomous, how to create more dynamic leadership to include everyone?
Creating a dynamic work culture to navigate these changes means intentionally moving to a new way of thinking and working. The urge to act and do can feel pressing. Intention, however, cannot manifest without some pause, reflection and re-orientation.
In this course you will find ‘online retreat space’ where you can reorient for the times ahead.
While navigating uncertainty, many questions arise including challenges to our default systems and ways of being - some at the organisational level, while others touch at deeply personal levels:
- How can I provide leadership and clarity without falling back into hierarchy or power struggle?
- I fear and I can't handle all the projections coming my way (like people getting angry when things don’t go smoothly enough or quickly enough)
- How can my vulnerability provide strength to others?
- Where does my optimism come from?
On the organisational level it is about moving beyond the paradoxes, the continuous tensions between:
- self-organising and vertical habits
- human creativity and financial results
- needs in the world and business survival
- meaningful and profitable
Outer change requires inner change. Reflective leadership helps you to have a better sense of self AND beyond.
Often, as leaders we lack dedicated, scheduled time to reflect on all these dimensions, and we lack a safe learning space with peers to share our questions with.
You will learn
- New ways of exploring and reflecting in order to grow a wider/deeper perspective of yourself and others which you can apply in your daily work
- To find a new/better sense of centre; crucial for helping you take next steps in supporting your organisation’s transition to self management practices
- That a well hosted space, designed to be fully present, can be quite transformative
- A 2-hour session online (Zoom) every two weeks
- Over 3 months
- Up to 6 participants
This "reflection space" is not designed as an online training (including pre-reading, syllabus material or a syllabus outline).
Our plan is to adapt our reading material suggestions etc as part of our 3-month schedule with participants based on the topics that arise in conversation.
- Offer a space with a lot of humility and warmth for where people are and the paradoxes they’re facing
- Invite slow-paced conversation, a lot of sharing, going deep on the topics
- Be, along with your fellow participants, on a similar journey to you. We will sense together ways to create opportunities for learning and growth
You will walk away with
- The power and depth of sharing stories, knowledge and wisdom amongst peers – the power of collective intelligence and wisdom
- The deeper understanding and embodiment of ‘inner is outer’ and ‘outer is inner’ – seeing more relationships, thus seeing more points of possible actions
- New examples, practices and useful advice in transitioning to self management
- The experience of a safe and inspiring learning space